Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Free Writing 2/02/10 Favorite Word

My favorite word is tenacity. It is my favorite word for a few reasons. One reason I like the word tenacity is because I like the way the word sounds. Another reason I like it is because of its definition, but the main reason tenacity is my favorite word is because my high school football coach used to use tenacity all of the time. Before games, in the pre-game speech, he would tell us all about tenacity, that we all needed to play with tenacity every play. He would write two letters on the white board, GT. These two letters stood for God and tenacity. He explained to us that these two words were the keys to victory. Tenacity, to me, means always playing your hardest every play, always doing the best you can, never backing down, and doing things with a lot of intensity.
Ever since my freshman year in high school, tenacity has been etched into my brain as not only my favorite word but as a word to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment